Validity: from October 1st to March 31st 2019
A responsible tour to the National Park Los Glaciares
Five days to travel around El Chaltén and El Calafate in a sustainable, and environmental and community-friendly way.
A responsible tour to Los Glaciares national park that caters to active and nature-loving travelers, with no age limit. A trip to discover, or rediscover, two of Argentina’s most spectacular destinations.
An alternative visit to Perito Moreno glacier, away from crowds
This tour begins in El Calafate. From there, we’ll make a different visit to Perito Moreno glacier. This means that we’ll make an alternative tour to discover this natural wonder from other angles and at times when there are less tourists.
There is also some time to spare in Calafate, to get to know the town.
Our recommendation is that, in your spare time, you go and visit the Glaciarium Museum, the Bahía Redonda or the Reserva Laguna Nimez.
A coach journey to El Chaltén along the mythic Route 40
The way to get to El Chaltén from El Calafate is driving along the mythic Route 40. The journey itself is an outing, due to the amazing landscape that can be appreciated throughout the way: endless steppe, moon landscape, turquoise lakes and a multicolor sky.
You could always drive a rental car for the journey, however, we propose the coach because it has a special magic. The coach journey is shared with people from all around the world, very special travelers, both relaxed and adventurous.
Once in El Chaltén, you will start to breath an air of mountains and adventures. The mountaineer tradition reaches every corner of the town. In fact, mountaineers where the first to reach these latitudes. But it is not necessary to be a mountaineer to be able to fully enjoy this magical place. El Chaltén offers options and activities that cater to every age and taste.
A tour around El Chaltén, national trekking capital
Sitting within the boundaries of the National Park Los Glaciares, El Chaltén is, no doubt, one of Argentina’s most attractive destinations.
Spring and summer are ideal to trek the different paths in the park. Days are long, and weather is ideal for hiking and trekking.
Even though there are a lot of self-guided treks in El Chaltén that you can do on your own, we suggest doing at least one with an authorized guide. This is a way to better understand the landscape and get to know nature’s dynamics at this unique place.
One of the activities included in this tour is the Fitz Roy Path (Laguna de los Tres), an outing with a guide and other travelers. The best way to do this trek is beginning in El Pilar (22 miles north of El Chaltén). This way, the path is circular, so as not to repeat it when you return. Transfer to El Pilar, to begin the path, is included.
Besides, there is some spare time to add another outing, among the many options that El Chaltén offers. For example: ice trekking on Cagliario glacier; sailing in Viedma lake or trekking to Viedma Peninsula; sailing in Lago del Desierto.
Last, to get back to El Calafate, we’ll take the same coach that took us to El Chaltén. But instead of returning to the coach station, we’ll get off at the airport (almost 13 miles before reaching the town). This means that we avoid the transfer to the airport from El Calafate, saving not only money buy also energy.
STAY AND SERVICES INCLUDED
Day 1: Arrival in Calafate
Reception in Calafate airport and transfer to the inn.
Day 2: Tour to Perito Moreno glacier
After breakfast, not conventional tour to Perito Moreno glacier. In the afternoon, transfer to El Calafate coach station. Coach journey to El Chaltén. Reception at El Chaltén bus station and transfer to the inn.
Day 3: Fitz Roy Path guided trek
Pick up at the inn and transfer to El Pilar to do a group guided trek to the Fitz Roy. It is an eight hour walk and it includes a lunch box.
Day 4: Spare day in El Chaltén
Spare day to enjoy El Chaltén and do an extra outing.
Day 5: Departure of El Chaltén
Transfer to El Chaltén coach station, coach back to El Calafate (getting off at the airport). End of services.
- Transfer at arrival, from El Calafate airport to the inn.
- One (1) night accommodation in a 3 star inn in El Calafate, in a double room with breakfast included.
- Not conventional tour to Perito Moreno glacier. Full day activity.
- Transfer from the inn to the coach station in El Calafate.
- Round trip bus tickets El Calafate – El Chaltén – El Calafate (getting off at El Calafate airport).
- Arrival transfer from the coach station to the inn in El Chaltén.
- Three (3) night accommodation in a 3 star inn in El Chaltén, in a double room with breakfast included.
- Group guided trek along the Fitz Roy Path, beginning in El Pilar.
- Transfer from the inn to the coach station in El Chaltén.
- Plane tickets to/from origin to/from El Calafate. Ask us for plane tickets.
- 21% value-added tax for accommodation (value-added tax does not apply for foreigners only).
- Airport taxes.
- Tickets to National Park Los Glaciares.
- Meals other than specified here, tips, or any other service not mentioned on this program.
- Fares are per person based on double occupancy and are subject to availability.
- Outings and transfers are services shared with other passengers.
- Trekking to Laguna de los Tres beginning in El Pilar is a nearly 8-hour walk that demands physical endurance. It’s a medium difficulty trek. And even though there is no age limit to take it, awareness of one’s physical condition is important for enjoying the trek. This trek can be changed for a less hard one. If you have any doubt, ask us.
- For changes to this tour or special rates for single travelers, kids or groups, ask us.
- If you have any other doubt, please write to us. We can help you plan this trip tailored to your needs.